I’m leading a group from Emmaus Bible College on a Mission Trip this Spring Break, and I thought I would share some information about the trip with you, as well as some prayer requests, because we need your prayers for this trip!
There are eight of us going down to Guanajuato, Mexico (a couple hours Northwest of Mexico City) for Spring Break this coming week, from March 11 to 19. We are very excited that God has granted us the opportunity to serve Him in Guanajuato, Mexico for 10 days. If the Lord wills, we will be heading out to Chicago Thursday and flying out to Mexico early Friday morning.
Ivan Munguia, a former student at Emmaus a couple years ago, will be our guide in Mexico as we work along side the church he is involved in there in Guanajuato. The group will be comprised of 5 Spanish speakers, which is a great blessing, and will help with evangelism, translation, and fast adaptation.
Our goal while there is two-fold. First, to encourage the believers we meet in Mexico, and secondly to help spread the Gospel wherever we have the opportunity.
1. In order to encourage the believers, we will be staying in various houses and providing time to simply talk and get to know each other. A big event is also being planned to join the several youth groups from various cities together and have a mini-conference (this Saturday). We will all be involved in it somehow, and Inhwan, a Korean student here, and I will be speaking then (I will speak on Isaiah 6, and how deal with sin and guilt. He will speak on Evangelism). The next morning I will again be speaking at the church’s Sunday morning service (I will be speaking on Philemon), and many of our team will also be sharing about the ministry that their parents carry out in their home countries. Later in the week Aaron, a student here, will also have an opportunity to preach at church.
2. In order to spread the Gospel where God open’s doors, we have planned our schedule around it. We have prepared a skit (see the video below, it is based off of this skit), several songs, and a variety of other things to attract people’s attention. Everyone on the trip will have a multiplicity of opportunities to share the Good News in public, in the “street preaching” fashion, as well as one on one evangelism. Door to door may be done, as well as discussions with college students, and children. We are not sure what opportunities will come up, but we desire to be flexible and serve God where he enables.
Not all will be ministry oriented, however, as we hope to enjoy the fellowship of fellow believers in Guanajuato, enjoying also the amazing food there, and seeing new sights and sounds.
I know we are all very excited about the opportunity that God has given us, and are thankful for the way He has enabled and provided for us to do this!
- That God would ultimately be glorified in the entirety of our trip.
- Safe travel to and from Chicago; to and from Guanajuato.
- Strength and energy to do all that God gives us to do on our trip.
- Flexibility to deal with a likely-changing schedule. To see the changes as opportunities, not as frustrations.
- Health as we experience different water and strange foods.
- For unity among the team members, as with the Mexican believers.
- Open doors share the Gospel to open hearts.
- Humility to serve Mexico believers and other team members.
- That spiritual growth would happen for the team members and believers in Mexico.
- That the Holy Spirit might empower us and lead us as he sees fit, and that those at Emmaus and elsewhere might remember to keep us in their prayers.
- That we will be able to get permission from the authorities to present the skits on the streets. The paperwork is done, we are just waiting for their answer.
More information, footage, and pictures to come when I return!
Blessings on you all!